A top tip from our wonderful Nutritionist Fleur Borrelli!
Did you know that some four thousand chemicals are used to make food packaging? These chemicals can migrate into the foods we are eating so that throughout our lives we are constantly being exposed. Some of these will disrupt our own natural hormone control and others may even be carcinogenic. But it does not have to be this way so how do we avoid them?
- Go for a veggie box, buy from your local farmers market or grow your own.
- Use glass instead of plastic for eating from and storing food.
- Use stainless steel and ceramic cookware rather than Teflon and aluminium.
- Remove the plastic lid from your coffee takeout.
- When freezing food in plastic containers, ensure food is cold before putting it in.
Fleur Borrelli PG Dip cPNI, BSc Nut Med, psycho-neuro-immunologist and nutritional therapist is one of the Uk's first psycho-neuro-immunology clinicians. Psycho-neuro-immunology is a multi layered approach to natural medicine, which looks at recovering the (biochemical, immunological, emotional, etc...) pathways to optimal health. It is based on the latest developments in the fields od psychology, neurology, endocrinology, immunology, evolutionary biology and epigenetic - all underpinned by nutritional medicine, exercise and psychosocial techniques.
Fleur is also a health writer and her book written in collaboration with Glynis Barber 'The In-Sync Diet' can be purchased here
Fleur's website: www.nutritionandsuperfood.co.uk
You can contact Fleur by email at: Fleur@nutritionandsuperfood.co.uk